Belize Kayaking Expedition
Kayaking and More on Turneffe Atoll
The sea kayaking adventure is designed to introduce novice kayakers as well as advanced paddlers to the beauty and ecological diversity of Turneffe Atoll. Turneffe has the highest biodiversity in the entire Caribbean with a well-developed reef encircling the entire island chain. Over 25 species of birds are found on Blackbird and the surrounding habitat serves as a feeding and resting area for dolphins. Coral gardens are found in the protected waters within the atoll, all within easy paddling distance of the Resort.
Morning and afternoon paddles to different parts of the atoll for snorkeling and exploration. Look for some of the atoll’s resident dolphins. Explore mangrove creeks, coral gardens and uninhabited cayes. Meet some of the friendly local residents and learn about their way of life a
t this remote atoll. On Tuesday, kayakers can choose to join other resort guests on an optional, non-kayak, day trip to Lighthouse Reef and the Blue Hole for snorkeling and bird watching. Towards the end of the week, a full day paddle the northern part of the atoll is caped off by a special picnic on an uninhabited island.
No previous kayaking experience is needed to participate in the kayaking trips. The protected, shallow waters of Turneffe are an ideal area for our adventure. Double kayaks willbe provided. Limited single kayaks are available and are on a first request basis. We principally use Necky ocean kayaks. And each kayaking tours is led by an experienced sea kayaking guide.
Daily Kayaking Tours of Belize’s Biggest & Most Diverse Atoll
Imagine paddling through shallow, protected waters, exploring endless mangrove covered islands and picturesque turquoise lagoons with shallow reefs that give you a peek at the world’s second largest Barrier Reef.
Kayaking is available in many parts of Belize, but Turneffe Atoll is particularly suited to unforgettable sea kayaking adventures, and our resort’s all inclusive Kayaking Vacation Package is designed to introduce novice kayakers, as well as advanced paddlers, to the beauty and ecological diversity of Belize’s Turneffe Atoll.
With a well-developed reef encircling the entire island chain, Turneffe has the highest biodiversity in the entire Caribbean. Over 25 species of birds are found on Blackbird Caye alone, and the surrounding habitat serves as a feeding and resting area for dolphins. Coral gardens are found in the protected waters within the Atoll, within easy paddling distance of the resort and also visible from above the surface.
Your Kayaking Vacation Package Includes:
- Accommodations: air conditioned, oceanfront cabanas at Blackbird Caye Resort in Belize (price varies depending on the room type selected)
- All Inclusive: 3 daily meals at the resort
- Belize Kayaking: 2 guided sea kayaking trips per day, with light snacks
- Airport Transfers: round trip boat & ground transfers between our all inclusive resort & the airport in Belize City on Wednesdays & Saturdays (for travel on other days, a surcharge applies)
- Kayaks: free use of our resort’s kayaks, just in case you don’t get enough kayaking time during your guided trips
What to Expect
Here’s what else you can expect from this all inclusive vacation package:
- 2 Kayaking Trips Per Day: each day of kayaking will include a guided morning and afternoon paddle to different parts of the Atoll for snorkeling and exploration. These kayak trips are scheduled on-island and each trip is 1 hour. Towards the end of the week, a full day paddle in the northern part of the Atoll will be capped off by a special picnic on an uninhabited island.
- Kayaks We Use: we mainly use Necky ocean kayaks for our kayaking tours. Double kayaks will be provided, and limited single kayaks are also available on a first request basis.
- Guides: each Belize kayaking tour will be led by one of our resort’s experienced sea kayaking guides.
- What You’ll See: you’ll explore mangrove creeks, coral gardens, and uninhabited cayes. Look for some of the Atoll’s resident dolphins, manatees, and whales.
- No Experience Necessary: no previous kayaking experience is necessary to participate in these kayaking trips. The protected, shallow waters of Turneffe are an ideal area for our adventures.
Our resort’s all inclusive Belize kayaking vacation packages are only available on stays of 7 nights.
Rates vary depending on the time of year you want to travel and which accommodations you choose to stay in.Click for Details