Dive & Snorkel Package
Explore the Largest Reef System in the Western Hemisphere
Do you think the view from the beach is spectacular? You should see what’s happening below the surface!
Spanning 185 miles of Belize’s coastline, the Belize Barrier Reef is part of the largest reef system in the Western hemisphere. With over 500 species of fish and visibility typically ranging between 50-150 feet, the crystal clear waters around Blackbird Caye Resort and in Turneffe Atoll are an underwater paradise for divers and snorkelers.
Your Dive & Snorkel Package Includes:
- Accommodations: air conditioned, oceanfront cabanas at Blackbird Caye Resort in Belize (price varies depending on the room type selected)
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily
- Belize Diving & Snorkeling: 6 days of diving and/or snorkeling, except arrival & departure days (mix and match with any of our scheduled trips, according to your preference)
- Weight Belts, Weights, & Tanks
- Airport Transfers: round trip ground & boat transfers between our dive resort & the airport in Belize City on Wednesdays & Saturdays (for travel on other days, a surcharge applies)
- Kayaking: free use of our resort’s kayaks
What to Expect
Dive and snorkel Belize’s largest Atoll and see some of the most diverse aquatic life in the world!
With an average boat ride of only 12 minutes to spectacular dive and snorkel sites, you’ll definitely spend more time in the water than on a boat. Dive and snorkel excursions will be led by our resort’s experienced and PADI certified staff.
Here’s what you can expect from this vacation package:
- Choose Your Own Adventure: with this package, you can choose to snorkel or dive whenever you want on any of our resort’s daily scheduled trips. Whether you want to go diving one day and snorkeling the next or dive in the morning and snorkel in the afternoon, simply mix and match depending on your mood.
- 3 Scheduled Dives Per Day: you have the option of joining any or all of our 3 scheduled dives per day – two single tank morning dives and a single tank afternoon dive. Bottom time for each dive is 60 minutes, and we usually return to the resort in between dives to allow for adequate surface interval and also time for a snack and a break.
- More About Diving:
- There will be a full briefing on our diving procedures, as well as a certification check before your first dive.
- Weight belts, weights, & tanks are included in the package price, but other gear is not. We recommend bringing your own gear for comfort, but our resort’s Dive Shop does have a selection for rent, as well.
- Our resort’s divemasters will wash your equipment each day and prepare it for your next day of diving.
- When diving, get picked up where you ascend so you don’t have to swim back to the boat.
- 2 Scheduled Snorkels Per Day: you have the option of joining any or all of our 2 scheduled snorkeling boat trips per day – one leaving at 9:30 a.m. and the other at 2:30 p.m. Each snorkeling excursion is 1 hour.
- More About Snorkeling:
- Due to the risks associated with snorkeling in the biggest Atoll in Belize, also home to Belize’s largest American saltwater crocodile population, snorkeling must always be supervised by our trained staff. Safety first!
Snorkeling equipment is not included in your package, but if you don’t wish to bring your own, rentals are available in our Dive Shop.
Dive & Snorkel Package Price: from $1,970 US
In order to allow for 6 days of diving and snorkeling, our resort’s all inclusive Belize Dive & Snorkel Package is available only on stays of 7 nights or longer.
Rates for this package vary depending on the time of year you want to travel and which accommodations you choose to stay in.
- Children aged 0-6 stay for free
- Children aged 7-12 pay 50% of package rates
- Children 13+ pay full price
- Group rates are available for 10+ people
- Single supplements are an additional 30% of package rates
Optional Add-On: Blue Hole Excursion
Blackbird Caye is one of the closest dive resorts in Belize to the world-famous Blue Hole – the largest sea hole in the world. With thousands of scuba divers flocking to Belize annually to dive this site, it is perhaps the most famous dive site in Belize.
For an extra cost, you can add a full-day diving or snorkeling excursion to this underwater sinkhole that lies near the center of Lighthouse Reef. The excursion includes a BBQ at Half Moon Caye Natural Monument.
- Blue Hole Price: $200.00 US per person + $40.00 US per person for the Marine Reserve Fee
- Blue Hole Schedule: we offer this trip once weekly, typically on Tuesdays (weather permitting), but may reschedule for Thursdays depending on weather conditions.
- Minimums Apply: a minimum of 6 guests are required for this excursion.
- Click Here for More Information About the Blue Hole Diving & Snorkeling Excursion
Dive & Snorkel Package Terms & Conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, prices are per person, in US dollars, based on double occupancy; single supplements apply
- Unused portions of accommodations, meals, and/or activities are non-refundable
- Accommodations are subject to availability
- Diving & Snorkeling:
- No diving or snorkeling on arrival & departure days
- Must be PADI certified in order to dive
- Diving and snorkeling equipment rentals are not included in the package price (weight belts, weights, and tanks ARE included for diving)
- Only supervised snorkeling is permitted at Blackbird Caye Resort
- 3 dives and 2 snorkel trips are scheduled daily
- You won’t have time to participate in all of our daily scheduled trips, but you can mix and match diving and snorkeling each day according to your preference
- All boat itineraries are weather and conditions permitting, at the Captain’s discretion
- All dives are at the Divemaster’s discretion
- Resort tax of $4.50 per person, per night is not included
- Ground and boat transfers to and from the airport are included on Wednesdays and Saturdays only; arrival and departure on other days can be arranged at an extra cost
- All inclusive does not include bar drinks or items from the bar and grill menu
- Gratuities are not included
- Full payment is required 30 days after booking
- Cancellations made up to 90 days prior to arrival receive a full refund
- Cancellations made 89-60 days prior to arrival date will forfeit deposits made
- Cancellations made 59-31 days prior to arrival date will forfeit 50% of total package price
- Cancellations made within 30 days or less receive no refund
- During peak seasons or holidays, other conditions may apply
Other Things You Should Know
- Blackbird Caye Resort and its properties and Blackbird CDR will not be responsible for any loss of or damage to personal equipment or property during your stay with us or during your participation in our activities.
- We will not accept responsibility for any delay, additional expense, or inconvenience which may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside our control, such as late arrival of flights, severe weather, acts of God, acts of government, or the failure of any machinery or equipment.
- We strongly recommend that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of booking to protect you and all those accompanying you for the full time of your visit against illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellations, hurricanes, airline delays, and other travel contingencies.