See Some of the World’s Most Diverse Aquatic Wildlife
If you want to dive in Belize, you’re definitely in the right place! Blackbird Caye Resort is located along the Mesoamerican Reef System – the world’s second largest barrier reef, and the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere.
As a guest at our dive resort, you will have the chance to see some of the planet’s most diverse aquatic wildlife. There are 70+ spectacular dive sites located near our resort, with only an average time of 12 minutes to reach them, plus, we’re also one of the closest dive resorts in Belize to the famous Blue Hole.
Your Dive Vacation Package Includes:
- Accommodations: air conditioned, oceanfront cabanas at Blackbird Caye Resort in Belize (price varies depending on the room type selected)
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily
- >Belize Diving: 3 dives per day, except for arrival & departure days; weight belts, weights, & tanks are included
- Airport Transfers: round trip ground & boat transfers between the resort & the airport in Belize City on Wednesdays & Saturdays (for travel on other days, a surcharge applies)
- Kayaking: free use of the resort’s kayaks
What to Expect
If you book one of our resort’s Belize diving packages, our staff of professionally trained, PADI certified dive masters will make every effort to fulfill your diving preferences.
Before your first dive, the dive masters will give you a full briefing on our diving procedures, with your safety foremost in mind, and will check your certification card and ask you to fill out a liability release form.
If you are under directions of a physician and/or taking medication, we advise you to please check with your physician as to whether it is safe for you to dive. As a precaution, please bring a certificate from your doctor stating that it is safe for you to SCUBA.
Here’s what you can expect from the Dive Vacation Package:
- 3 Dives per Day: each day will begin with an early breakfast at the resort, followed by two single tank morning dives and a single tank afternoon dive. We usually return to the resort in between dives, which allows for adequate surface interval and also time for a snack and a break.
- 60 Minutes per Dive: before each dive, there will also be a review of the dive site, with a description of maximum depth, maximum bottom time, and direction of travel. In order to complete three dives per day, we limit down time to 1 hour per dive – except for those diving with nitrox.
- Dive Sites: diving is done as long as the weather permits, and some of the popular Belize dive spots you will visit include:
- The Elbow
- Calabash Cut
- West Side Story
- CoCo Point
- Al’s Hideout
- Drift Diving: our captain will pilot the boat to you upon your ascent so there’s no tiring swim back to the boat.
- Valet Diving: the only time you’ll have to set up your dive equipment is after the initial briefing. After that, our resort’s dive masters will do this for you after every dive, including washing down your equipment and preparing it for your next day of diving.
- Gear Rentals: Blackbird Caye Resort provides weight belts, weights, and tanks as part of your diving vacation package, but other diving equipment rentals are not included.
- We recommend that you bring your own mask, fins, snorkel, and wet suit for fit and comfort. However, our dive shop has a selection of BCs and regulators for rent, along with masks, fins, and snorkels.
- Although the year-round average water temperature in Belize is 82° F (28° C), with 3 days per dive, we advise using a dive skin or thin short suit. We rent short 3ml wet suits in a few common sizes at the resort.
*Please Note: the water around Blackbird Caye Resort is too shallow for shore diving.
Dive Package Price: from $1,285 US
Our dive resort’s all inclusive Belize diving packages vary in price depending on the time of year you want to travel, which accommodations you choose to stay in, and how many nights you’d like to stay at the resort.
- Children aged 0-6 stay for free
- Children aged 7-12 pay 50% of package rates
- Children 13+ pay full price
- Group rates are available for 10+ people
- Single supplements are an additional 30% of package rates
Optional Add-On: Blue Hole Diving Excursion
We can already hear you saying: “Will I get to dive the Blue Hole?”
As one of the closest dive resorts in Belize to the world-famous Blue Hole, we do offer a full-day diving excursion to the Blue Hole and Long Caye Wall, with lunch at Half Moon Caye Natural Monument, available at an additional cost.
- Blue Hole Price: $200.00 US per person + $40.00 US per person for the Marine Reserve Fee
- Blue Hole Schedule:this excursion is scheduled on Tuesdays, but may be rescheduled for Thursdays depending on weather conditions.
- Minimums Apply: a minimum of 6 guests are required for this excursion.
- Click Here for More Information About the Blue Hole Diving Trip
Dive Package Terms & Conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, prices are per person, in US dollars, based on double occupancy; single supplements apply
- Unused portions of accommodations, meals, and/or activities are non-refundable
- Accommodations are subject to availability
- Must be PADI certified in order to dive
- No dives on arrival & departure days
- Diving equipment rentals are not included in the package price (except weight belts, weights, and tanks)
- 3 scheduled dives per day
- All boat itineraries are weather and conditions permitting, at the Captain’s discretion
- All dives are at the Divemaster’s discretion
- Resort tax of $4.50 per person, per night is not included
- Ground & boat transfers to and from the airport are included on Wednesdays and Saturdays only; arrival and departure on other days can be arranged at an extra cost
- All inclusive does not include bar drinks or items from the bar and grill menu
- Gratuities are not included
- Full payment is required 30 days after booking
- Cancellations made up to 90 days prior to arrival receive a full refund less a $200 per person cancellation fee
- Cancellations made 89-60 days prior will forfeit deposit
- Cancellations made 59-31 days prior will forfeit 50% of funds paid
- Cancellations made within 30 days or less receive no refund
- During peak seasons or holidays, other conditions may apply
Other Things You Should Know
- Blackbird Caye Resort and its properties and Blackbird CDR will not be responsible for any loss of or damage to personal equipment or property during your stay with us or during your participation in our activities.
- We will not accept responsibility for any delay, additional expense, or inconvenience which may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside our control, such as late arrival of flights, severe weather, acts of God, acts of government, or the failure of any machinery or equipment.
- We strongly recommend that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of booking to protect you and all those accompanying you for the full time of your visit against illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellations, hurricanes, airline delays, and other travel contingencies.